Sunday 18 December 2016

WHAT I'VE DONE DIFFERENT THIS DECEMBER | BLOGMAS DAY 18

I MADE AN EFFORT to change the bad memories of last year!



Lets have a little chat...

This year I made a conscious decision that this December was not going to be the same as the last, my main motivation was now Alex is at an impressional age I didn't want him growing up thinking Christmas is an unhappy time and to be honest I'm so proud with how well its turned out so far just by making an effort with changing tiny little things. 

- I've decorated my house that little bit more, with an extra tree for Alex to decorate and homey christmassy bits. I mean, its not lights and decorations everywhere and the outside isn't done just a few little extra touches- some that we can keep for years but its more than just having a tree up.

- I've baked a little more, last year I gave just mince pies a go, this year I've attempted a couple of bits and bobs, not all of them made it to blogmas, because well...lets just say I'm not the best baker of the bunch

- Santa Visit, last year I really really wanted to take Alex to see Santa but with a mix of him being so poorly and me not wanting to go alone we never did it. I was so disappointed in myself! So this year I did made the effort and took him- read about it here and by christmas he will have seen Santa 3 times and each time he gets a little more confident!

- I've made plans and actually KEPT to them (nights out, sleepovers, shopping trips, attending christmas get togethers) - this is a huge step for me and I tell you what? Its been great, christmas is about being with family and friends after-all! 

- I have my own mini christmas party to host - I mean, its totally out of my comfort zone, but why not? getting family and friends together to celebrate, throw around some of that christmas spirit I'm quite excited!

and I've got to say this year I'm so much more content this, so pleased with myself but also have the confidence that some great memories and traditions are being made this year. My attitude has also rubbed off and Alex and hes enjoying learning about christmas and loves dancing around to the christmas songs. Its a pretty site to see😀

Have you done anything different this December? anything your proud of?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment