Sunday 4 December 2016

QUICK CRUMBLE MINCE PIES | BLOGMAS DAY 4

I never used to be a fan of Mince Pies until I started baking my own, I'm not sure what it is about shop bought but homemade have my vote all the way. So, its become sort of a thing for me now to bake mince pies whether thats to nibble on at home, leave for Santa or take along to parties- either way I really enjoy it! This year I thought I'd try them out with a crumble topping, as crumble is just delish and rather cosy, don't you think? brings abit of sweet to the savoury. Got to say these are my favourite I've made so far!
Just to put this out there, these are very quick mince pies and not too time consuming if your a busy bee, as I haven't made my own pastry or mincemeat. To be honest, I've never really tried and I'm too scared haha. I buy it in and get straight to it, However, if you want to make your own pastry I admire you and I bet they'll be yummy.


For 12 Mince Pies; you will need
  • Shortcrust Pastry, ready rolled or homemade
  • Mincemeat - I like Robertson's Classic 
  • 250g plain flour
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 2 table spoon of butter (room temperature)
  • Cupcakes cases (optional)
Steps to Follow :-
  • Preheat the oven to 180oC
  • Unroll your pastry onto your work space and leave it to 'air' for 10 minutes
  • Using your round cutter (or in my case a plastic cup😂) cut out circles into your baking tin/cupcake cases
  • Add a tablespoon of our mincemeat to your pastry shells
  • Pop into the oven to warm whilst you make the crumble topping
  • Add plain flour, caster sugar and butter to a mixing bowl
  • Using your hands mix together the ingredients until you have a breadcrumb like texture. Don't be afraid to get dirty! Why not get your kiddies involved? Alex couldn't wait to dig in
  • Take your mince pies out the oven and add your crumble topping
  • Bake in the oven for around 20-30minutes and leave to cool
Don't forget it doesn't matter if they look a little messy, thats what homemade is all about.
Best served with your favourite christmas drinks, or perhaps try it with some custard, yum yum.



Happy Eating!

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Homemade are always better. I love the crumble topping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ale świetne babeczki, koniecznie muszę je przygotować z moją córką ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! Makes me want to bake some Christmas goodies today.

    www.alysgeorge.co.uk

    ReplyDelete