Saturday 2 January 2016

YORKSHIRE PUDS

Gonna do a food post today! I didn't get chance to make any Yorkshire puddings at Christmas as dinner just went out the window with not being at home, so I thought I would make my Christmas dinner for New Years Day.
I know the both are usually similar but at New Year I always have a different meat, vegetables etc just to change it up abit! Sometimes don't even have a roast dinner with having to be at work, so could be anything on New Years Day really haha buffet style is always a winner!

Those of you who have children this is a good recipe to get them to help in the kitchen. My little boy just LOVES mixing things and I like that he's learning to help and developing his skills.



So to create the batter mix I just added flour eggs and milk together and whisked together with the help of my little one. 
Now I'll be honest with you, I do need to invest in some scales as I just freely decide what I need, sometimes its too much, too little or just right. but you can find loads of measurements via the internet.

I then used some butter to line my muffin tray, you can use oil but I prefer butter.

Then add your batter mix into the tin.
Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for around 20 minutes until golden or how you like your Yorkshire puds as we like to have ours just cooked, good tip to remember is not to keep opening the oven so that they rise.

These are our finished ones, crispy on the outside and just done on the top and middle, this is how we like them. Obviously tailor to your own liking.
Perfect for a Sunday dinner, and I also use this recipe to make Toad in the hole, another favourite.

Yum Yum xx

No comments:

Post a Comment