Saturday 23 January 2016

MOMMY'S BEEN OUT!!!

I hear you saying Mommy is American, why have you put that? The thing is, that is what Alex calls me. No idea why but I go with it!

Yes Yes, I realise it seems I'm going out alot this month meeting friends for food and drinks etc, but due to work circumstances with myself and Alex's Daddy, I like to make the most of the free time as there are a lot of times throughout the year when my time is dedicated to going to work and looking after Alex. Take Christmas for example, I didn't see any friends the whole of December, and not until the 27th did I see any family either. So now business isn't busy there's the extra time to go out and spend time with friends. We all need to sometimes see our friends right?!

So remember me telling you I was going for dinner on Thursday? It seemed to have turned into a dinner and cocktail night, we stayed out way longer than expected! But was so fun and chilled at the same time. I've been a bit stressed recently with this and that, I think this is just what I needed as I'm feeling slightly more myself :)

These are just a couple of picture of some cocktails we had in 2 different bars.
On the left is a raspberry mojito (wasn't one of my faves, too many seeds in it) love the jars they were served in though, really cool! On the right, something called In The Pink. All I can remember about this is its mixed with rose wine and vodka, not sure what juice. But it is one of the nicest cocktails I've ever tried really sweet with a good kick from the wine.
If you have a Fat Cat Bar in your home town I'd recommend finding out if they do this drink and give it a try! Also see if they have deals on, we got ours 2 4 1 so ended up with 2 different of cocktails, this is just one, the other tasted like a drumstick lolly.


Although these 2 pictures don't cover half the cocktails we had! Alcoholics right?! Nah, we both actually felt okay, I think its because we had dinner first.
What's your favourite beverage?




I didn't take a photo of what I wore as it was a really cold night and with not expecting to stay out so long I just wore black jeans and khaki jumper, nothing special. Although I did op for heeled boots just to jazz the outfit up.

I love these boots, I bought them one day when I was looking for some boots for a birthday dinner, but it was cold so wanted something to cover my whole foot and didn't want a thin heel as I already have a couple of pairs of shoes like that. So went for these something a bit different but... they go with most things whether your dressing up or down. I purchased them from New Look in November so not sure if they'll be available now.
In fact thinking about it, my whole outfit was from New Look haha, I'll try get pictures of the other items.





Writing this, I realise I didn't get as many pictures as I would have hoped, but we were just too busy chatting and having a good time. My brother did receive a few snapchats though! Got way too carried away with time, must of been about 2 when I got home! (naughty me! long time since I've done that) Little Alex was awake with Daddy, so after showering we went to bed and watched a film.

As a Mummy (or Daddy) we dedicate a lot of ourselves to our children all through the day and night,  and some parents don't have a lot of support around them. But for myself, as my little one is getting older I'm realising it is okay for me to take that little break, sometimes it could be days or sometimes its month where I can go out without him.
But even if you are unable to go out I really suggest that its okay to do something for yourself whether that's daily or weekly, however your lifestyle works for you.
Some ideas, could be having a bubbly bath, reading, watching something you choose to watch, going out for a coffee, changing the way you do your make-up, treating yourself, anything you want to do. Be kind to yourself. What do you like to do?

Leave your comments below, like and share :)

Love to you all! x

1 comment: