Sunday 7 February 2016

MAX FACTOR ROSE NUDES PALETTE

Do you remember me telling you I brought the Max Factor Rose Nudes eye shadow palette?
I purchased it because I wanted to try some purple eye shadow as its supposed to go well with green eyes. So I've been playing around with it, and trying out different looks and seeing what eye shadows work best

Let me just say sadly I couldn't get any pictures of the eye shadow on, as with it being so nude you couldn't see it on when taking a picture. My camera isn't the best to be honest and light was totally off when I was doing the make up, sorry!

The packaging is really nice, a mirrored gold case really sets off the colours, but also gives it a classy feeling. I like the clear lid too as you can see the eye shadows and know what it is you have to work with, whether using all colours out of this palette or mixing it up with colours from another. Love that it comes with a eye shadow applicator, they always come in handy right?! What I like most about this one is how it comes with the pointed end so that you can use the eye shadows underneath you eye for a more precise look.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
numbered the colours so easier to describe
The eye shadows are beautiful colour and so subtle, ranging from baby pink to deep purple. (the picture doesn't do it justice) there is a range of shimmery eye shadows and matte tones. These eye shadows feel AMAZING, they are so soft almost like silk. Weirdly, they also smell good too haha! Almost like baby powder, just nice- can't really describe it haha! When applying the eyeshadow it is really light and soft, doesn't feel like you have anything on, which is always good in my books!

The first look I tried involved the colour No.4 which is a peach pink tone, I used this on its own and it looks really nice, I've heard peachy tones are in this spring so this is perfect shade! In the right light is reflects all the shimmer and doesn't look too much.With some black mascara really sets off the colour to make it stand out even more. I've got to say this was my favourite colour to use and I'll definitely be using it in the future.  

I second look I went for, I used colours NO.5 & 8, a matte Lilac and a shimmery Aubergine tone. I was going for purply smoky eye look. Something different to my usual bronze smoky eye. Honestly it did not work for me, It looked like I had black eye no matter how much I tried to tweak it etc. Unfortunately this is because of my dark under eye circles that I suffer with that I have spoke about it previous blog posts- its a working progress. 

The third look I gave a go was using No.2 & 5, I wanted a shimmery lilac and these colours seemed to do the job. No.2 is a very shimmery pale pink, No.5 is a matte Lilac. I used no.2 as a base all over my eye lid, then added no.5 accordingly. I started by adding one coat of this over all my eye lid but just missing the bit near the corner of my eye as I wanted that the just be the shimmery look as it opens my eyes. I added 3 layers of the Lilac gradually, which build up to what I thought was a lovely purple look, really made my eyes pop. So its a look I'll definitely be doing again.

Wish I could of got some good photos for you all to see. (sadface)

I'll continue using this palette, keep playing around with the colours to get some looks perfected. I think it'll be great for the spring (when it gets here, ay?)
Have you got this pallette, what do you think? Leave you comments below

Find me on Facebook, give it a like Graciesworld

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment