Friday 5 February 2016

3 COOL THINGS ABOUT BEING A MUM

I know I only have just over 2 years experience of being a mummy but in that time theres been so many ups and down. But I tell you one thing, its been such a big learning curve and I wouldn't change it for anything. I thought I'd share the things what I think is best about motherhood!

- Being able to watch them grow and develop
.
 From the minute your little ones are born they are learning so many new things starting with adapting to there new world around them, and guess what!? we're there every step of the way, supporting them, this give me the sense of pride, what about you?
Alex is older now, and is learning something different everyday. being  part of that and helping him learn and develop is amazing. He's learning to talk in sentences and sing now and I get so surprised when he comes out with something new. Being able to sit with him and read, bake or show him how something works, knowing he's taking it in and one day will be doing it himself is so overwhelming but such a great experience.

- The Cuddles (awww!)
As a newborn you can hold your baby for as long as you want :) Alex spent alot of times in my arms haha. But now he's more on the move and always on his feet running around so we don't get as many cuddles these days- but when we do its so special, just shows how strong that parent-child bond is. Alex gives the best cuddles and kisses, I bet your little one does too?
As he gets older it won't be cool to give mum a cuddle, so I'm treasuring them all now!

-Getting to be a child again
Suddenly your surrounded by all these toys, films, children's channels etc. All you want to do is play with them and get involved. Its your chance to be a child again with your child and have loads of fun. Daddy's also love playing with everything even in the shops haha!
My favourite thing is that i get too watch loads of children's movies, all the new ones that come out I have an excuse the buy them and give them a watch. Can't wait till Alex isn't wriggly little monsters then I can take him to the cinema.
I even know all the theme tunes to most of the children programmes on cbeebies, do you too? Comes part and parcel of watching them day in and out. 


There so many more things I could go on about, but we all have our own thoughts.
I can say that being a mummy/daddy isn't the easiest of journeys but certainly the best and most life changing and most rewarding. Don't ever feel like your failing, your doing the best you can :) and that's all that matters! In my opinion anyway ... 

Let me know what you think is cool about being a Mummy or Daddy in the comments below  or comment on my Facebook Page - Graciesworld

Love to you all xx

3 comments:

  1. My daughter is 9 months old and I love the cuddles haha I also love seeing her change every day from rolling to crawling I just love being a mummy haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw how cute! I miss my little one being months old lol hope your well x

      Delete
  2. The cuddle is so sweet, i wonder why it feels somehow to hug our parents when we've grown

    ReplyDelete