Thursday 10 March 2016

WEEKLY WONDERS - lets do more

Happy Thursday :)

One of my mummy goals this year was to do more with Alex, as regrettably since he's born I haven't really done a great deal with him in terms of visiting places. This is because I haven't had the confidence to always go and do things alone with him and anxiety reaches a peak if I were to travel somewhere alone with him - as my mind starts races with all sorts of potential situations and just talk myself out of it. I'm sure some of you can relate?
I'll tell you something really funny... because I haven't done my driving test and don't have a car I tend to get buses to places if not in walking distant but Alex's pushchair has never been on a bus haha it makes me too nervous!
Alex has though, now he's a confident walker and understanding instructions etc we like to take the bus to friends houses or restaurants :)

Anyway so although we haven't done too much this year-the things we have done.... its a start haha! We went to Birmingham Sealife Centre for his 2nd birthday visit 2nd Birthday Adventures to have a read about the day :)
This week we went swimming- Alex's first time :) we went with some lovely friends was a brilliant day. Alex was so good on the bus journey; enjoying all the sights. When we got into the pool changing rooms he got quite upset and let everyone know about it! He seemed a little claustrophobic with the doors being shut and having to get changed and whatnot. But I can't blame him its all new! Bless him.
Once in the pool he just clung onto me with some very strong cuddles. He observed all the other children and what they were doing. I did some jumping and splashing with him just to get him used the water. It took him till the near end of the session to feel confident to have a little wander and play in the pool without holding onto me. But he did it!
I've got to say I'm sad that I didn't do it with him earlier but now I've taken him - I'm going to try and make it a weekly thing for us to do :)



I also got him some paints so that he can start being arty at home :) This was rather big step for me as I was so worried that it would just be everywhere haha, how wrong was I? He just painted himself and the paper provided. He did try eating it, but what child doesn't?
But it was so rewarding to see him having fun and enjoying doing something different. 






I can't wait for the nicer weather to come then we can head out on picnics and other little adventures. For Easter I'm considering doing a mini Easter Egg hunt around my house :)

So this week has been about doing more with Alex and ensuring he's experiencing as much as he can, and also me overcoming feeling nervous about doing things with him. If you have any suggestions of things we can do in and out the house feel free to drop me a comment below or on my social media accounts. Love to hear what you get up to with your little ones :)

Mothers Day we didn't really do much - I did write a blog post Dear My Little One have a read :)

Other than that just been doing my day job which has been a little different for me this week, but pretty good! I've also been speaking to a friend that I haven't spoken to in a while due to both being being busy at different times - its so nice to catch up ❤

Oh, one more thing I saw a lovely little quote on instagram yesterday
'Don't define your world in black and white, there is so much hiding amongst the greys'
To me, this interprets are there so much more going on than what meets the eye so before judging another because there acting differently, consider what they may be going through!

Love to you all x 


Find me on Facebook and give it a like, I'm quite talkative over there haha and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment