Tuesday 15 March 2016

small ADVENTURES

In with the theme of things with my last couple of blog posts, doing more and spring bringing change I thought I'd write abit about what we've done today. 

Now, bare with me....
Alot of other parents, siblings, grandparents do this with there children all the time without a worry in the world. Me, I try to stick to what I know, but made the decision to make an effort and just do more and broaden the horizons a little.

The back story behind all this, is the vision I had for my own family life were completely different views of how it would turn out, doesn't everyone? I wanted to be able to have family trips and Alex have alot of family and friends around him, things didn't turn out that way through one thing and another- its just been me and him alot of the time. Going out and doing things always made me nervous and feel as though I'm being looked at with not doing things as a family unit, whilst everyone around me has mother,father, siblings, grandparents, friends etc all together doing stuff. Of course, I realise what you see with your eyes cannot always be the case. I'm rambling and not making sense haha! The reasons behind it just being me and Alex cannot be helped for majority of the time - just something I have to overcome- which I'm trying hard at.

Anyway, Alex and I ventured out a little further today to visit a park that has alot more things to do on it. We usually visit one just around the corner from our house that pretty much has a slide and swing, Alex loves the slide and loves going, but nothing wrong with introducing something new, right? 
Its not that far away really but with a walking little one who likes to look at everything and walk slowly it took twice the amount of time. Got to say though, he did so well could be the furthest he's walked to date :) by summer I think we'll be getting rid of the pushchair! 
This park was nice and quiet today,perfect for exploring. Its usually very busy and overcrowded even more so in the summer-because they have a paddling pool!!

Here he is enjoying the view, he got too scared to go down the slide, maybe next time :)




Think this is a close to the beach I'm going to get this year!! :( fingers crossed can get a holiday booked!
The baby part of the park haha!! enjoy what you can I suppose, I'm hoping by the time the real spring/summer weather comes the autumn leaves and grit will have been cleared.


But Alex enjoyed it, having an explore of different park toys (is that what there called?)


Big step for me to venture further instead of sticking to what I know and definitely good for Alex too :)

Onwards and Upwards :) xx


ps - dont forget we've had a change about, Weekly Wonders will now be on Fridays
Find me on Facebook and Twitter give me a follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment