Sunday 2 October 2016

BUTLINS BREAK AWAY


I've been listening to storms all day and beginning to get holiday blues.
We took a mini Autumnal break to Butlin's at Skegness. It was great to be back here again- it was so lovely and we were blessed with some lovely sunshine, crisp fresh mornings and some lovely views.
 I really love it here, and Alex loves it even more! 
We booked Gold accommodation which is a well equipped apartment set to the far side of Butlin's in what seems like a pretty little village of your own and possibly a good 10 minute walk away from the main entertainment tent (with a two-year old even longer lol) but I like this, it gives you chance to really take in the scenery and the pretty things on your walking path both in and around Butlin's.


There is so much to do at Butlins from swimming at the water park, watching shows in the Centre Stage, meeting children's characters, dining and drinking, playing on the amusements, lovely little shops and so much more... we never get to do it all! Alex really enjoyed himself, he wanted to go on the kiddie rides over and over again.
The gift shop has some pretty little Christmas things out that I really wish I had purchased now haha


We also ventured off campus to have a walk along the local beach towards Ingoldmells, it was another good weather day so was a really pleasant walk, lots of fun was had running around on the sand and collecting shells.
We also went into Skegness town centre to visit the Aquarium, although small it was really cool and has its own fun activities. Things such as, a fancy introduction with a pirate, chats about the equipment the divers wear and about fish. Also a little mini quiz to fill out as you go through. Brilliant experience!
What made the day more special was coming back to the apartment to the pretty little flower made from a towel by the cleaning service, how cute! 


 There was lots of precious little moments and I'm so glad I managed to catch some pictures with those moments in! Its always good to get away and recharge your batteries, this was definitely the right time for me as I now have a couple of hectic months ahead :)

I really can't wait to return whether that be the Skegness resort or visit one of the others, which I'd really like to do!
As I've been writing this blog post I've been checking out the website for next year, its not everyone's cup of tea but I really love a UK break.


Thanks for having us again :)

1 comment:

  1. Switching off for some time is really important.lovely photos xo

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/todaysouhaila-16860415

    ReplyDelete