Thursday 11 August 2016

BY THE RIVERSIDE


Remember that Embankment I keeping raving on about? Well, I've been back there again :)
This time we attended the 'Riverside Festival' which has been held on the embankment for quite some years the first weekend of August. I've never been before so thought I would take the plunge and see what its all about. We visited on the Saturday and couldn't of picked a better day, the weather was beautiful. The sun beaming down on the event, parks, river, made the atmosphere so much more summery and 'festival' like :) 
I've never seen so many boats on the river before, but it just shows how popular this event is; family/friends out enjoying themselves going up and down the river catching some sun rays. Alex loved watching the boats.

You would probably need a whole day to walk around and look at absolutely everything, it was so big, so busy and so much there - Fair ground rides, amusements, food and drink stalls, music stages (with a variety of music genres) the river, business and history tents and a kids area in the kids park. I think we probably looked at about half of it. Alex had a go on a couple of rides, which he enjoyed and is really becoming a fan of :)  
On the Saturday evening they had a firework display over the embankment, we chose not to stay around for these as after all that walking we were all just abit tired out. I id hear them from my house though and I'm sure if I went outside I would of caught a glimpse.
(I did tweet and article over on twitter) 

Another lovely day- right up there in my list of top 10 fave days. I just really really need to get better at taking photos to show you - to be honest I just find it really difficult in busier places. I'm so glad we decided to go and I will try to go every year if we can. Not only does it make it a nice day out of the house but also spending quality time together.
Have you been to any local family friendly festivals?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great chill out day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The riverside is amazing and i love the photos! Lots of fun and am sure you guys really enjoy yourself:)
    Gracie, i hope you and Alex climb on one of the boat by the riverside?
    www.tuhamworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day :) no we didn't get to go on the boats, not sure we could and only saw people with there own. Unfortunately i don't own a boat :)

      Delete
  3. If you and Alex are not afraid to be on water (cos i could be), am sure the people with their own boats won't mind sharing with you guys:)

    ReplyDelete