Sunday 5 March 2017

WHY BLOG ??

When I began Graciesworld in 2015 I made the conscious decision to share it with my family/friends via a Graciesworld Facebook page within 2 days of launching. 
At the time the support was incredible, Although alot of questions have been asked over a course of time the main ones are -

 "Why you doing that?"
"Whats the point if you aren't being paid?"

Well, the answer is pretty simple, when I began blogging I was at a very strange place in my life, going through abit of change within my own life and personality, growing as person as such. I have always loved reading/writing and with alot of encouragement I thought 'Why not give it a go and see?'
It became an escape! Something I look forward to planning and delving into every week (sad I know) but a place where I'm able talk about all the things I like, also a place to document things I want to remember and look back on. Alot of you know, I have a son and although his pictures and chats of him don't feature very often, behind the blog its encouraged me to take more photos and get out and about doing things and combat parts of my anxiety.
Basically, I blog because I enjoy it, for me. whether I have readers/followers or not - all of that is just a bonus!

I can't really talk to my 3 year old about my makeup haha!

Blogmas was a huge step for me but also a great motivation and made me see how much I love my blog and all the behind the scenes work that goes with it. As I was blogging everyday I got asked if i was being paid for said posts - no I wasn't, it was a fun little stressful challenge I set myself and was super proud of by the end😀
 If ever in the future, payments became part of this thats just be a huge bonus.
As I look back, I can certainly see how my posts and writing style have changed and how much more confidence I have in myself both on and offline. This little online focus has helped me through some terrible times and developed me as a person in terms of confidence, being a little more relaxed, a tinsy winsy bit more fun haha, working on self-care, I've found things I like about myself and I found things I enjoy doing | e.g - experimenting with makeup as before was same old routine day in day out.

Sometimes a post can take from 1 hour to a week+ to be ready, but I love the whole hustle and bustle. I've found something thats mine and just for me, I love that!

I'm all about going with the flow and enjoying what I do when it comes to Graciesworld!

Thanks to all the readers, the comments, the likes, the shares- I really do appreciate it


Lots of Love💗


If you have a blog, I'd love to hear why you blog? 

11 comments:

  1. Love this, Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lieto di conoscerti, vedo che ha molto voglia di intraprendere uno svago con il blog, ed è interessante capire i propri cambiamenti e soddisfazioni, continui così. Nella vita si devono intraprendere le attività che piacciono e soddisfano. Se le fà piacere seguire il mio blog volentieri:https://loverniki66.wixsite.com/ilmiosito-2 Grazie, saluti dall'Italia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Amazing, I am on the same page as youu with blogging. It's just that escape every week and I love writing.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking back at old posts to see how my content has changed over time! I love having a hobby outside of work that's a bit different and allow me to use my creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started my first blog when I wanted to be an Artist manager so it was all about music and concerts. I found I couldnt really keep uo that lifestyle and changes massively as a person. From someone who was out late, never sleeping, eating poor I switched to a healthy lifestyle and started blogging that journey instead! X
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post! Blogging is a creative outlet for me and it's a place of safety that's my own and all mine. It's definetly an escape.

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Un buon riferimento oltre la vita odierna. Cosa rimane di tutto questo? e' sempre ottimo anche per una cultura più ampia nei vari continenti. Saluti from Italy.
      Guarda il mio web se ti può interessare puoi prenotare i tuoi prodotti o promozioni: loverniki66.wixsite.com/ilmiosito-2 Grazie. Lieto di conoscerti.

      Delete
  8. Blogging is totally a creative outlet and I have to give you kudos for putting it out on facebook as well. I only have a handful of people who know me in real life that know about my blog. I'm all about my secret identity. Blogging is for the experience and interactions in my opinion. Sure, being paid would be nice, but that's not the point. (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. People have always liked to comment on my lack of creativity and I've never been the very good at writing. But with blogging, it seems like you don't have to be the best as interaction is
    just as important. I have so many passions I want to talk about and a blog is the perfect platform to do this without judgement, I can be myself and produce something I'm proud of x

    Molly
    canvasofmol.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful blog and you :)

    www.serdarilefutbol.blogspot.com.tr here.

    ReplyDelete